Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rear-view Mirror Hanging

My younger sister is getting her first car tomorrow so for her birthday my Mom had me and another sister go find something for her to hang on her rear-view mirror. The price of this one is a lot more than most of my projects just because it was for a birthday present from my Mom to my sister. But you could make it a lot cheaper! Here's what we came up with (I think you'll like it!)...

Materials:
~Necklace
~Earrings
~Pliers
~Wire cutters

We went and bought this cute necklace at Icing but there was one thing horribly wrong with it!

Doesn't that heart look like something a 5 year old would wear? It didn't match the style of the rest of the necklace! So...we just took it off :)

There...ahhh...MUCH better! Don't you think? But...now it needs a little something.

We found these earrings at Icing also so we decided to add one on to the top where the ugly heart had been.


There it is! Isn't it great?! The earring looks much better than the heart, don't you think? Now it looks like a 16-year old's item instead of a 5 year old's :) We just put the earring through one of the links in the chain, bent it a little with some pliers and then snipped the end off!

Even though we did this with a new necklace and earring, you could use something old. Also, the second earring that we didn't use here is going to make a beautiful necklace!

Materials:
~Necklace: $15.00
~Earrings: $8.00

Rear-view Mirror Hanging: Total Cost ~ $23.00

1 comment:

The Wood Family said...

This seriously is way cute! I love to look at all that you're making Rach - sorry I never leave comments! :)