Saturday, March 6, 2010

Music Submission

I have been a hobby-composer since I was in high school. By hobby-composer I mean that I really enjoy writing but don't ever plan on it bringing in money or anything. It's a nice escape for me and I've learned a lot about music as I've written. All of my songs are for the piano and most are piano-vocal gospel-oriented songs.
I wrote a song a few years ago that has come to mean a lot to me. I wrote it during a time in my life when I was making a lot of decisions and changes and growth. It's called "Be Still" and is based on a scripture that says "Be still and know that I am God" (D&C 101:16. Click here to read the whole scripture). Two Christmases ago (2008) my husband got me an hour in a recording studio for my gift! I was able to get this song recorded and so now I have it on my computer!
Anyway, I recently submitted this song into the LDS Church Music Submission Contest! I'm not expecting anything, but I'm excited that I'm actually putting it out there. I'll let you know if anything comes of this!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so glad you really did that! Way to go Rach. Let us all know how it goes. ANd ps, I really like the new background. And I agree, it looks really good without a header!

The Byrd Family said...

HOORAY!!!! I am so glad. You win if I have anything to do with it. I listen to that song often, and each time it strikes me how beautiful both the musical notes and the lyrics are. I hope you can share it with more people via this submission!