Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bead and Ribbon Necklace

I was getting stir-crazy yesterday and knew that I needed to do something to get my mind off it. This is one reason why I love crafting! Here's what I did for my therapy :)

Materials:
~ beads
~ ribbon
~ fabric
~ needle/thread

Remember the beads I had in my bathroom before the vases all crashed and fell? (read story here).



Well I took the beads and made a necklace out of them! (I still have tons of beads left though! So I'm sure you'll see them in another future project!)

I was inspired by a lot of necklaces on Pinterest that have been using ribbon. I just threaded ribbon through my beads doing 4 red, a knot, 1 black, a knot over and over. I did triple or quadruple knots so they would kind of stand out and really add space between the black and red beads.

I made one strand with 3 red groups and one strand with 4 red groups. I then tied those two groups together and then tied them onto another piece of ribbon so I could easily put the whole thing around my neck.

I wanted to add just a little more shazaam so I made a flower to add onto one side. Here is the picture tutorial (off Pinterest - BEST WEBSITE EVER!) that I used. I did six petals instead of four. I used leftover fabric from my shower curtain (see project here)



I also added a bead in the center of my flower to tie it into the necklace more. I wanted to place the flower right on top of the knot where I had tied all the strands together.

Thread the bead through one side of the ribbon


Bring a piece of ribbon from the other side of the knot and thread that through as well, keeping your flower in the middle


Pull each ribbon strand through the bead


Tie ribbon strands in a knot, cut off extra

Voila! DONE :)






Total Cost:
~ beads: $0.00
~ ribbon: $0.00
~ fabric: $0.00
~ needle/thread: $0.00

Bead and Ribbon Necklace: Total Cost ~ $0.00

No comments: