Monday, August 22, 2011

Peek-a-boo Slip

I got this fabulous idea from Maybe Matilda She made a lace slip, I decided to make a red one! I used the fabric from my shower curtain (see here). This fabric has been an awesome purchase! I've used it so much!

Materials:
~ old skirt
~ fabric

Maybe Matilda uses elastic and makes her own waistband. I didn't want to have to worry about that and decided that since I'd have to buy fabric and elastic anyway, I might as well buy an old skirt. I found this lovely piece at DI (you could just use an old one from your closet though!) and just cut off the top layer and then chopped it off to the length I wanted.


(make sure you get a skirt that has a built-in slip)

Pretty isn't it? :)


Then I cut two strips of red fabric so that the red would hang down below my skirts. I wanted it to come just below my knee so I cut the blue skirt to right above my knee-cap and then cut about 5 inches of red.



I sewed two of the edges together, pinned it onto my blue slip and sewed it on.


Don't worry about the raw edge here, nobody will see it! I didn't worry about the raw edge on the bottom either but you can turn that up if you want to

By the way...meet my new best friend. You've heard of fabric pens right? Don't buy one! Just use a white crayon!!



After sewing it onto the slip sew up the other two edges. You're done!


Goes great with my new necklace too!

Total Cost:
~ old skirt: $5.00
~ fabric: $0.00

Peek-a-boo Slip: Total Cost ~ $5.00

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love the way this turned out! I think it goes so well with your skirt! Also, love the necklace. I can't believe you did it with things you had already. I need to search my apartment to see if I can make one.