Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Polka-Dot Pumpkin

Halloween and pumpkins
--they just go together--

Last year I just bought some small pumpkins to set on my table which was fine, but this year I wanted to do a little bit more. I bought 3 good-sized pumpkins thinking I would decorate one and we could carve the other two. But I decided I wanted to have my pumpkin and eat it too! :) So I came up with a way to decorate it while still leaving it carve-able

Materials:
~ Pumpkin
~ Pins from a pin cushion
~ Beads
~ Ribbon

This was so easy! I just stuck pins all over my pumpkin and slid a bead over the pin. I tied a ribbon around the stem and I was done!



When I'm ready to carve this baby all I have to do is take out all the pins!


Total Cost:
~ Pumpkin: $3.00
~ Pins from a pin cushion: $0.00
~ Beads: $0.00
~ Ribbon: $0.00

Polka-Dot Pumpkin: Total Cost ~ $3.00

No comments: