Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween Tree

Happy Halloween! I discovered Halloween Trees this year and love them! I think they're such a cool idea so I decided to make one.

Materials:
~ Branches
~ An old sparkling cider bottle (or wine bottle)
~ Halloween decorations
~ Dryer sheets
~ Hot glue
~ Spray paint

I went to Dollar Tree and bought some Halloween erasers and some plastic Halloween rings. These became my "ornaments"

I took some branches and tied them together with twisty-ties. When I got the shape I wanted I spray-painted it black and then did a light coat of glitter spray paint.
Don't worry about the twisty-ties showing up. They'll mostly be covered by the spray paint and whatever you can still see you can cover up with ornaments and "cobwebs"

I used my sparkling cider bottle for the stand and started hanging up my ornaments. For the erasers I took a needle and thread and created a little loop at the top.


To get the plastic rings to stay on the tree I cut off the round part that goes around your finger and just hot-glued them into place.


To add the final touch I took a used dryer sheet and tore it up to create cobwebs.

I also painted the sparkling cider bottle so that it wasn't too distracting from the tree.





Total Cost:
~ Branches: $0.00
~ An old sparkling cider bottle (or wine bottle): $0.00 (I used one from a picnic a few months ago)
~ Halloween decorations: $2.00
~ Dryer sheets: $0.00
~ Hot glue: $0.00
~ Spray paint: $0.00
Halloween Tree: Total Cost ~ $2.00

3 comments:

The Byrd Family said...

I love it!

Heidi said...

This turned out really cute! I wish I had more time :) I would have love to make one.

Heidi said...

By the way. I LOVE the new look of your blog. It's so professional and cute!