Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunburst Crib Decor

I wanted to do something for my baby's room so I started going through my craft box and I found this little mirror and some blades of grass. Here's what I came up with :)...

Materials:
~small, round mirror
~blades of grass
~craft paint/paintbrush

First I cut all the blades of grass in half. I wanted to use them as sun rays but didn't need them to be as long as they were. Plus I only had a few left and I needed to stretch my resources.

Next I bought some yellow craft paint and painted all the blades of grass. I did a layer of white first so the green wouldn't show the light yellow paint as easily. I ended up painting both sides too just because the dark green would be very noticeable since it's so different from the yellow.

After the paint was all dry I glued the blades of grass onto the back of my mirror. I actually used wood glue because I was afraid hot glue wouldn't be strong enough and wood glue was the only other kind we had! Hey...it worked :)



After the glue dried I was done! Now it's ready to go in its new home on the end of crib, ready to look down on my darling baby girl.


Total Cost:
~small, round mirror: $0.00
~blades of grass: $0.00
~craft paint/paintbrush: $2.00

Sunburst Crib Decor: Total Cost ~ $2.00

No comments: