Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crocheted Burp Cloth

This project is kind of funny and I almost didn't even post it, but I figured what the heck :)

Materials:
~ Yarn
~ Crochet hook
~ Needle
~ Thread

Four years ago my roommates and I got really into crocheting. It was really cool . . . except that it only lasted a few months. In those few months I bought this really fun fabric and was planning on making a scarf out of it. I ran into two problems: 1. I crocheted it really tight so it was too stiff to become a scarf. 2. I ran out of yarn, it was only about 2 feet long by the time I finished. I probably should have just thrown it away but I was so proud of what I had done that I just couldn't bring myself to do it! So I hung on to this 2 foot, stiff crocheted "scarf".

I finally decided that I had to do something with this or else get rid of it. I decided to fold it in half, sew it together and make a burp cloth :)


Haha, definitely not one that I would give to people but hey, it works for me :)

(And I did cut off that extra piece of yarn lying across the top . . . just ignore that!)

Total Cost:
~ Yarn: $3.00 (I bought this four years ago so I don't remember exactly)
~ Crochet hook: $3.00 (again, an estimate)
~ Needle: $0.00
~ Thread: $0.00

Crocheted Burp Cloth: Total Cost ~ $6.00

1 comment:

Heather said...

I remember that!! I was going to turn my "scarf" into something for Peter but that never happened!!