Friday, December 2, 2011

Marshmallow Garland

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

I saw a marshmallow garland online yesterday and loved it! I decided to add a few above my snowmen decorations.

Materials:
~ marshmallows
~ scissors
~ floss
~ needle

When I did my first string I just used regular sewing thread but the marshmallows slid all over the place. I tried it with floss and they stayed in place! I don't think they'd stay in place with gloss floss but the waxy floss keeps them from sliding around.

I just threaded the floss through the needle, cut the marshmallows so I'd have different sizes of "snowflakes" and pushed the needle/floss through.


(These pictures don't quite do this thing justice. It looks really cool though, I like it)






Total Cost:
~ marshmallows: $0.00 (already had old ones in my cupboard)
~ scissors: $0.00
~ floss: $0.00
~ needle: $0.00

Marshmallow Garland: Total Cost ~ $0.00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip about using floss for this project. my family is going to work on this later today. FUN!