Friday, February 5, 2010

Magazine Rack

One of the things that really bothered me about our old apartment was that we didn't have anywhere to put our magazines. Each month they just got harder and harder to keep organized because they just sat on our entertainment center without anything to keep them looking nice. I finally found a solution! And the best news of all is that it was totally FREE!

My husband and I got a pizza stone for our wedding (which I absolute LOVE by the way!) and it came with a cooling rack. I did use it, but honestly it's kind of a pain; hot pads are much easier! And since I'm working on not cluttering my kitchen I was deciding what to do with it when we moved into our new place. I had the fabulous idea of stacking my magazines on it and then sliding it under my entertainment center. It slides very easily and now the magazines have something to keep them organized and neat. Hurray!

Materials:
~magazines that need organizing
~old pizza stone cooling rack


Stacks of unorganized magazines did not make me a very happy person--clutter really stresses me out.
This pizza stone rack wasn't any good in the kitchen, so why not make it useful somewhere else?!

Ta-da! A neat, organized stack of magazines :)

Cost:
~ old magazines that badly need to be organized $0.00
~ old pizza stone cooling rack $0.00

Magazine Rack: Total Cost~ 0.00!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a good idea!!! Good job :) And for ZILCH! Woo!