Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nursery Letters -- Baby's Name

Over the next several months I will be changing my little girl's room into a girl/boy room. I'm going to use yellow as my main color and started by putting up little M's name on her wall.

Materials:
~ Cardboard
~ Paint
~ Paint Samples (opt.)
~ Fake Grass (opt.)
~ Twine (opt.)
~ Staples/Sewing Pins

I started by cutting out the letters of M's name from an old box (of diapers . . . fitting for nursery decor right?).

I painted them white first and then put yellow paint on top.

To add some pazzaz I cut out little bits of "grass" and "leaves" from my paint samples and used a glue-stick to add them to some of the letters.
(I'm going to do a grass/leaves theme with butterflies on the girls' side and birds on the boys' side)



I took my paint samples again and cut out some butterflies to place around the letters.

To do the grass I cut some of my fake grass to the size I wanted and then tied some twine around a few, making little bunches. I slowly pulled off the tied twine and stapled that to the wall then I stuck the grass back inside.


And the finished product...
(I put this picture through editing and changed the letters. It's not her real name but it gives you an idea of the end result and I can still just keep her as my little M :) Thanks for understanding) 




Total Cost:

~ Cardboard: $0.00
~ Paint: $0.00
~ Paint Samples (opt.): $0.00
~ Fake Grass (opt.): $0.00 -- had some on hand
~ Twine (opt.): $0.00 -- had some on hand
~ Staples/Sewing Pins: $0.00

Nursery Letters: Total Cost ~ $0.00

No comments: