Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby Mobile

This project was inspired by one my sister made for her baby (who was born a few hours ago!). She made the cutest mobile for her baby girl so I copied her design and just changed the shapes of the paper.

Materials:
~ Scrapbook paper
~ Fishing line/twine
~ Sticks
~ Hot glue/Wood glue

First I went and bought two sheets of scrapbook paper. I was happy to find out that they were on sale! So I got two double-sided sheets for $1.00! Wahoo! I decided to do butterflies and leaves (my sister did cute little birds). The bedding we got has cute leaves on it so I used that as my inspiration.

I bought this twine (which was also on sale!) to connect everything together. My sister just used fishing line but I didn't have any and wanted to try the twin look since I was going to use leaves. I thought the twine went with the theme I was going for :) Next I had to find some sticks to hang everything! I just went to the park down my street and found two cute sticks.

Don't you love the detail on this pink paper?!


I did three different shapes of butterflies (two each) and cut out a bunch of leaves and started connecting it all together. To connect the two sticks together I used hot glue which I held in place for 3 minutes and then added wood glue on the top of that. To connect the paper cut-outs to the twine I just used a dab of blue. To connect the twin hangings to the sticks I tied a double knot, hot-glued the knot and then wood-glued the knot onto the stick.



I haven't hung it yet because our crib isn't set-up and I want to make sure and get it in the right place :) But here it is!!

Baby's View


Two of the strands have butterfly - leaf - leaf - butterfly and the other two have leaf - butterfly - leaf.


Total Cost:
~ Scrapbook paper: $1.00
~ Fishing line/twine: $2.00 (I'm thinking it was a little less but can't remember for sure)
~ Sticks: $0.00
~ Hot glue/Wood glue: $0.00

Baby Mobile: Total Cost ~ $3.00

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This is so cute! I didn't know you did this. :) I love the look of the twine, and I think it'll go perfect with the bedding!